HISTORY

History of Field Properties

Field Properties manages the real estate investments of the Field Family, whose history in real estate ownership can be traced back to 1946, when Eli Field purchased the family’s first industrial building. The first property was 18,000 sq. ft. located at 2816 W Addison in Chicago, IL. 

The History of Field Properties - Field Container OfficeBy the mid 1980’s, the organization owned over 1 million sq. ft. of industrial real estate, much of which was home to the family’s folding carton manufacturing business.

Since then, the family has expanded into multifamily property investments. To date, Field Properties has purchased and sold over 500 multifamily units.

Field Properties originated in 1988 primarily acquiring industrial assets across the Midwest. Since then, Field and its partners have acquired assets in growth markets across the Midwest, east coast (New York) and other locations across the country that have generated strong risk adjusted rates of return in the short or long term. 

Today, Field continues to acquire assets for its own account along with partnering with sponsors as joint venture equity partners in secondary and select tertiary markets. 

See Our Current Portfolio

Field Properties has been actively expanding its portfolio of real estate through a disciplined approach supported by an investment strategy that focuses on providing superior long-term returns while maintaining a focus on risk management. Check out our currently owned properties and learn more about our investment strategy and criteria. 

The Monroe Apartments